Thursday, March 22, 2007

New life

I'm at the threshold of a new life...

I quit my job as a blogger at atlantis Computing last week, after having re-organised my life/ work priorities. I'm embarking on the wonderful/ scary journey of being a full-time musician. A professional drummer, if you will. And I'm going to start by teaching what little I know of the instrument at a beginner's and intermediate level.

Here's to never having to work again in my life! And to only have to play the drums till I die. I don't know about Jack, but all play (as in playing the drums... got that play of words?) and no work, works just fine for me!

On a more serious note, (like E minor, for instance) I've tried to sustain myself as a full-time musician before and have failed... as Jon Anderson (Yes) put it, "Beginning is one place, I've been before..." and it's not so much the beginning I fear, it's more the fear of failure than failure itself. But Chick Corea's "New Life" inspires me to start one for myself...

Before I end this update, I'd like to quote (almost verbatim) what my ex-professor at the Indian Institute of Science - Raghavendra Gadagkar once told me - "I wish everyone would do exactly what they wanted to in life... we'd be such a happy lot!"
Amen!
Y?

2 comments:

A said...

Gotcha!

Unknown said...

Oh Raghavendra, Raghavendra (Raghs to his friends), Raghavendra you crack me up!!